Sunday, August 19, 2007

Camping at St. Charles

About two weekends ago, Brenton and I got a major camping bug. For Christmas, Santa brought Brenton a tent, but we just haven't had reason to get it out. So finally we just said we're doing it. Brenton's older brother Jaron and his wife Candice had the bug too, so with the 4 of us, and their two kids we went a camping! After work on Friday, Brenton and I headed up to Weston Idaho, to meet up with Jaron and fam. From there we drove about an hour and a half to get to this great spot, St. Charles. We got there pretty late at night, but it was camping so it was all good. Since there was a fire restriction, we could only have a fire if there was a proper and designated fire pit. It was getting too late, and so the place that we found, sadly enough did not have the fire pit, so we did without..but it was still great.


Saturday morning Brenton and I were in charge of breakfast. Since Brenton's family is serious when it comes to camping, his brother had all the great gadgets for a good camp out. Brenton made some rockin' pancakes and eggs.
Here is our great camping space. In the chair is my sister-in-law Candice.


Brenton being the morning person that he is. Woke up at the butt crack of dawn. He was very patient and waited as I awoke an hour or so later. I still wasn't ready to get up, but he was getting tent crazy, so I put on my shoes and we went for a little hike. Brenton found a trail that led us to a little creek. It was a really nice place.

Okay so my little Nephew Aidan, this picture is for him. Last year, he had done something wrong and when he was being corrected he got this pouty face. Then he just said, "I'm sad, I'm lost in a forest" Wow..it was amazing, no one ever knew where he got that from. So that was last years phrase, "I'm lost in a forest" (he also started "I'm lost in a forest, I'm afraid of lobsters..love that kid) So again, Aidan, this is for you...We're lost in a forest!




Haha...yeah camping!




Cute little Wyatt. He is a firecracker, to say the least. He was directed by his parents to bring pants camping, but the stubborn that he is, settled on shorts. It wasn't until the sun went down did they regret not bringing pants. He found himself a stick at this point and was using it for a sword.





Ahh..Ms. Faythe. She is too cute. She was helping us put our tent up. She LOVES the camera, and has just the perfect smile and pose.





No comments: