Thursday, August 13, 2009

I am a Flasher!

If the art preserver people here noticed that the Declaration of Independence looks a little destroyed more today... well that is because....I Did it!!!!

I FLASHED the Declaration today. COMPLETELY on Accident


Okay see on the right of this picture the arm of a Security Guard, well I was busy talking to him, asking if he has a specific pose when people take pictures of the Declaration, because I wanted to get that pose. He was real nice.



Well when I turned on my camera I forgot the flash is automatic unless I turn it off, and again I was so excited to get a picture of the posing guard that I forgot to turn it off....and it WENT OFF

See the hands and camera of another lady taking a picture?? Yeah, she gasped...it's not like I ripped the Declaration or something


I apologized, and the guard said the rule is I can't take any more pics....but then he did a nice sales pitch for the museum store saying that I could buy a replica at the museum store ( DUh I watched National Treasure!)

ehh o-well I got what I wanted, and that is a distant picture of a piece of paper in a glass casing

5 comments:

Alicia said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you did not!!! shouldn't u be in prison or something???

Mrs. Two Cents said...

I can't believe you weren't arrested on the spot!

Stephanie said...

You aren't the first one - I flashed the constitution before it went through the "cleaning" process that took five years. They were none too happy - but I learned my lesson. Did you?

Glad you're getting out and doing historical stuff.

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

I think it's funny that the other lady gasped. Like that 8 inches of bullet proof glass doesn't have the power to deflect light as well as armor piercing rounds. Plus who's to say it was the "real" one and not just Declaration Stunt Double.

Carmen's Corner said...

Jazz, you'll have to go underground for the rest of your life. Flashers are not easily forgiven. You could hide out in Penryn, nothing ever happens here. Bring the Peanut with you too.