Thursday, September 15, 2011

I dusted off the Ol' Computer

Hello my readers (mom & Mer)

I know you guys are dying to read what I have to say, and for once....I have lots to say!
I am a "Day Time Mom" FINALLY!!! Hooray, hazza, Whoop Whoop and a big Yee-Haw

In a nut shell: I quit my day job and started working nights (not even all nights, just 4 nights and a Saturday afternoon/evening).

I get to be with my Lena Bug all day every day from the minute she wakes up until she goes to bed (minus Saturdays). I get to be home when The Brenton walks through the door from school/work, heck we even have had LUNCH together!

Lena and I have been to almost every park in a 20 mile radius, sometimes twice a day. Lena (and mama) have friends to play with! We get to play and nap and play again. But you know what else I get to do now that I am home:
  • The laundry
  • Clean the house
  • Walk the dog
  • Exercise
  • Cook dinner
  • Fight with the 2 yr old if she is having a crabby day/hr/moment
  • Fight the urge to just sit the 2 yr old in front of the t.v. all day because she is quiet then
  • Organize all those things that I said I was going to but didn't 'cause I was too busy
Dang it!! All of these things I have had a wonderful excuse to not have to do...don't get me wrong occasionally I did these, at least once a week, but now....it's my turn!

So far in my happiness to be home I have:

  • Had a clean kitchen sink for the majority of the day (first time in 5 yrs of marriage).
  • Cleaned the carpets from the winter mud....just in time for the fall rain to start
  • Sewed Peanut a dress (it's a spring/summer bright colored dress, but she will wear it all fall/winter, that's what sweaters and tights are for)
  • Dusted off the Jillian Michaels workout dvd
  • Changed out Lena's summer clothes to fall clothes, this time before fall is 1/2 way over
  • Started potty training the 2 yr old Diva! This girl works for m&ms
  • Planned out what I am going to be cooking a week in advance, and not once was it cereal
So there it is, one thing I have not been doing is taking pictures, which I know is the main reason why you all are here reading this...I think I can dig up a couple pics from the summer.

Mother's Day
The sign explains it
Oh Abe!
Yeah, she still hasn't really figured out which way they are supposed to go

My Lady's 2 yr birthday...Mickey brought to you by yours truly and The Brenton

The other pics of her birthday consisted of her with no pants, this is the best I could get...Mickey was MMmmmm good

Mama & Lena Love (plus proof that I got a tan this summer, heck yes!)
In case you are wondering, this is how she plans on
getting her man! I think it will work

It's not a summer in Maryland without Crabs dinnerLena didn't agree with the crab dinner, because they were still alive!
Okay she got a little more courageous Pretty in PInk

Proof that I can grow something...Snow peas, so good!

7 comments:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

I think it's just darling that you made Mickey a Mexican. ;)

*in sing song voice:
Jazzy with her frosting skills!

Morgan said...

Hey, I read your blog too!!! I am so glad that you are enjoying your time at home. I too have been experiencing a period of productivity since school started - yay on pre-planned home cooked meals! And I dusted off the Shred myself - is that the one you are doing? I am so glad that you are feeling balanced and happy!

Mrs. Two Cents said...

Hooray! I knew if I just harassed you enough, you'd eventually post something.
I'm glad you are loving being home more with Lena. She sure is a cutie! I love all the pictures. Keep 'em coming!

Stephanie said...

I also love your very "tan" Mickey. So cute.

With everything that you do during the day, when do you get to sleep? My goodness. I think you might be taking super mom to a new level.

Love to you!

Kaitlan said...

I'm glad that you guys are doing so well! Lena is sure a pretty little girl!
How is the Brenton?

And ps... I read your blog! ;)

Carmen's Corner said...

Yeay, she's in a bloggin' mood...finally!
It looks like you and Lena are both growing up. I'm glad you're finding the joy of being a domestic goddess. Keep going there's always too much to do for the time allowed. Remember to write the Diva diaries, it'll make you rich in the future. Lovin' you from Penryn, Yomama.

Greg, Linds, and Avery said...

Yeah you remembered your password!!! I want you to know I check you blog weekly so you really need to keep this up! Miss you guys!