Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Queen has arrived

Sunday morning around 2am: "Did I just pee my pants?"

Sunday morning around 8am: "Brenton, I am having some water issues, I either just peed my pants or my water just broke"

10:30am-Nurse "Yup your water broke, go walk around for an hour to get your contractions going"

1pm- Nurse "You are dilated to a 1" (mind you on Thur before, I was .5cm)

6:30pm-Nurse "You are dilated to a 2"

6:31pm-Jazmine "I want an epidural!"

8pm-Nurse "For some reason the baby's heart rate is dropping with the contractions, there could be a cord around her neck or around her shoulder being pinched. It's 'OK' but we are going to watch it

9pm-Resident "The baby's heart rate is still dropping, if we can't get it up we may have to go in and do a C-section"

9:15pm-Resident "Will you sign these papers, it's just to authorize a C-section if one is needed"

10:05pm-Nurse "The Dr. would like us to try a few things, we are going to
1) Give you medicine to stop your contractions to give the baby time to recover
2) We are going to put some fluid back up in there to give her some room and take some pressure off of the cord
3) We are going to give you an IV of sugar water to stimulate the baby and get her heart rate up

10:10- Resident "We are going to need to do the C-section....lets go"

10:25-Jazmine "Are you nervous Brenton? Brenton No... Jazz-me neither
(both of us were lying!)

10:31pm-She is here!

Hooray...oh but that is not all.....

10:45pm-Dr. "Okay Jazmine, I found a mass on your ovary and it is hard, I can either remove it now, or we can wait until you recover to figure out what it is

10:46pm-Jazmine (under a LOT of drugs) "WHAT????"
10:47pm....after considering the fact that we have insurance now that will cover it, they are already there and it's one less surgery I have to do, and the family history with ovarian cancer, we had it removed....I miss it already!

11:00pm-Dr. "There wasn't a cord around the baby, we don't know why her heart rate dropped."

11:10pm-Nurse "Your baby saved your life with this C-section, because who knew when they would have caught the mass on your ovary"

well There you have it....needless to say Sunday was a very unplanned and exciting day for The Brenton and I.

I now present to you our drama Queen!

My mom got her the mouse his name is Squeakers, she squeaks just as much as he does.

3 generations of Livingston!

This is a common look that she gives us, it's the "What are you doing?" stare


Brenton's mom with Ms. Thang!


Our little Peanut is so tiny 5 lbs 9 oz but with the cutest feet!

Ahh Yes, this girl has a set of lungs on her. The nursing staff got their share of screams from her!


I love this picture. This is right after we came back from the OR, can you just see the love in this daddy's eyes! Brenton mastered the "bundle" wrap


Their first official poopy diaper change, I did the first to show him the way, and he has picked it up very nicely! Well done!


A very drugged Jazmine, my arms were numb from the surgery, so it took some time before I actually held her. Look how swollen I am..sheesh!
I couldn't resist. This is after we got home. Brenton has been dreaming about the day when he could snuggle his little girl, and they were both out! I have the perfect family!

16 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful! It sounds like your first baby birthing experience was similar to mine, without the whole "mass on the overy" scare! You do have a "perfect" little family!

Mrs. Two Cents said...

She sure is a Cutie!!!

Pugslvr said...

Your blog is hilarious! I found you on my sister Lori's site. Congrats! I had to have a C-section too so I know your pain. The recovery isn't too bad after the first week. She's beautiful!
Tami Gresko

Unknown said...

CUTIE!!! congrads!!! so glad things went well!! get lots of rest and make everyone around you do everything for you.. you have a great excuse you just had major surgery!!
big Hugs

Clint and Kaitlan said...

I love the picture of the last picture! It is JUST so darn cute! Congrats you two!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

I can't believe you had to have a C-section...hope you have a speedy recovery! We can't wait to come up and see her and hold her and kiss her cute little cheeks!

Jessica Peck said...

congrats chassy. you do have such a cute family. keep posting new pics as you take them...

Cathy said...

Hurrah! She is a beauty. I bet Grandma Jeanna will just send your two to the far east and keep the critter.

Hope everything is going well - get some sleep.

Love,
Aunt Cathy (& Uncle Jack)

Emily Frame said...

woohoo! can't wait to meet her!

Alicia said...

i looooooove her!! what a cute family! but whats her name? i think i missed hearing it!!!

Stephanie said...

She's beautiful ... simply beautiful.

Rest up for the big move - I hope you heal quickly!

Chandler Family said...

She is darling! What is her name?

Jazz Joyner Livingston said...

Her name is Adalena Alyse Livingston

Lori said...

Congrats Jazz! What a beautiful baby. Don't c-section babies look perfect? My Isabelle was born C-section and she looked so different from our other ones who had been squished and mashed coming out. What a blessing to have them catch that mass during the surgery.
Did they biopsy it?

Hope you are having an easy recovery.
I had a rough recovery with my c-section (complications) so I know how painful it is that first week or two. Right after two weeks hit, I finally felt able shop at the grocery store and shopping mall for the day. (but it took 8 weeks for it not to hurt when I moved out of the bed or sat up)

Mason said...

Ahhhh! that is SO exciting! Congratulations to both of you!

Lori said...

Hi Jazz,
I have to go private with my blog for a while. Been getting some scary anonymous comments....
So if you can e-mail me at happinessisshared@gmail.com, I can invite you to be a reader. :) Sorry about the inconvenience.