Saturday, May 30, 2009

We made it!!!


Our first week is down in the history books, and we survived it. Our bodies have been good at dealing with the new sleeping cycle, which really there is no cycle, it's just sleep while you can!

This week The Brenton and I have started to figure out how to be parents to this wonderful tiny bundle of love. Adalena has been the perfect baby! When she is awake she is so alert, it's fun to watch her as she tries to figure out the world around her.

She has super human neck muscles and she picks her head up and moves it all around. While changing and feeding her, if she hears Brenton's voice, she will try to turn her head to find where he is.

And I think by far the best part has been watching The Brenton just melt over her day after day. The girl poops and it's the cutest thing to him....I am hoping he remembers this when she shows up to the house one day with Spike the biker that she met at the mall..I will have to keep a good record, that yes there was a day when she could do no wrong!

As for me, the recovery from the surgery has been "fine" This being my first surgery, I have no idea how recoveries are supposed to go. Drugs are my BFF, however I will enjoy the day when I will be able to make sense when I talk, and have complete and accurate sentenses. As for now, we all just chalk up my craziness to the drugs!

Okay well there you have it, here is a new picture of our little peanut. She is so tiny we had to go get her some premie clothes, and sad to say, premie pants are like Urkel pants on her...we are working on fattening her up that is for sure!

Thanks again to all who have shared in our joy and excitement this last week. We love our little girl so much, lets just hope she can survive her two crazy parents!

I love this picture, I caught her right in the middle of a hiccup! It makes me laugh! And if you are saying to yourself "she looks a little yellow" well you are right, we are currently working on her jaundice, it's a little high, but we think it will start coming down in the next day! Come on LIVER!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is gorgeous!! Beautiful. All that lovely dark hair and those amazing eyes.

You did good!

Angel said...

What a scary ordeal! I am so glad to hear that you and baby are doing well. Congratulations and good luck!

Alicia said...

i looove the hiccup picture! congrats on the bee-yooo-tiful baby girl! i can't wait to snuggle her!

Mags Jaussi said...

I love those eyes!! So adorable. Good Job you two!

Mags Jaussi said...

Ok so I just read further down. Welcome to the c-sec club. It's not bad a all. I rather enjoyed it and this time (in 16 days) I get to do it again. I am glad she saved you though. Crazy! Oh and jaundice is a pain I remember that - her poor foot!!! Anyway - enjoy her - love ya!

Pugslvr said...

I love her name, so unique.