Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I am afraid of the Dark

Ok not so much the dark rather just night time itself

Night time and I used to be best friends, 3 years ago night time is when I would be out with friends, or The Brenton and there would be dancing or parties, or dark room movie snuggles....completely PG rated of course.

Then when there were no more parties and dancing (meaning I got married) I found that I could not stay up as late, really 10pm on a Friday was bed time, on a bad work week 8pm. I Loved sleep and I think that sleep really liked me

and then 9 months ago we had a falling out.

If it wasn't just being uncomfortable, it was a full bladder...or an empty stomach that just COULDN'T wait until the morning. I found myself being a night time person again, but not in a happy way like before.

And now I just flat out fear the night time, and the reason


She only looks like this if she is put in her bed and someone doesn't hold her every second while she sleeps, yes she gets that from me....but still it is exhausting.

So dear night time friend, I am sad to say it, but I like the day time a whole lot more these days! I will keep your number in case it doesn't work out with the day time!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Welcome to motherhood!! Presley slept on my chest the first 3 and a 1/2 months!!! STRAIGHT! She JUST went into her crib like 2 weeks ago...she's 6 months. Hence why I am awake commenting on your blog at midnight...I got used to the nightime, don't worry, you will too!!

Stephanie said...

It's a good thing she's cute!

Try to get some sleep during the day while she's sleeping. It will make things seem a little better.

Good luck!

Megan said...

She is the sweetest little thing! Congratulations! I hope you are recovering well.