Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cooking Lessons Learned!


So I have learned a major lesson in cooking, and I think this information is vital to all.... Scene: Last night, I was making my very first "from scratch" Spaghetti Sauce!! I mean, I am stewing my own tomatoes, the only can involved was a can of tomato paste...and when reading about pureeing the tomatoes, the advice given was that you should only do 1 Cup at a time.

I thought that I'd speed up the process and do two cups at a time...of steaming hot tomatoes...in the blender they go, and I hit puree...and out the tomatoes go...hot steaming tomatoes all over the place. Poor Brenton didn't know what hit him. Okay so we stop, did a quick clean up...let them cool for just a second, hit the puree button and out the tomatoes fly again. By now my counter is covered, and my hand is burning with tomato.

So when reading from people who have done this before...only puree 1 Cup at a time...LISTEN! I did one cup, put the blender in the sink and a towel to hold on for dear life and everything stayed in the blender! So there is my wisdom passed onto you, and you can pass onto those that don't want to get burned!

1 comment:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Just a little FYI....
They call them DIRECTIONS for a reason!
You have no one to blame but yourself (mumbling under breath) - "trying to get it done faster...stupid first time tomato pasters..."

LOL!