Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Hero!!

I have many heroes in my life, and my little brother Jacob is on that list! Last Thursday, May 15th, at 6:30am Jake checked himself into the Sutter Memorial Hospital in Sacramento California to undergo heart surgery.

The surgery was a little over 7 hrs long. He went through a heart valve repair due to Marfan Syndrome. His Medical staff was OUTSTANDING, with a special thanks to Lily his nurse. She kept on him and made sure that he was comfortable My family gives a big thanks to Sutter Memorial staff.

Jake is recovering very well, he just left ICU yesterday and is in a regular room now. He is up and walking on his own, and is off the IV. He does still have some chest tubes in, but we are hoping those get taken out soon. For all of you who know Jake, don't you worry he never lost his wit, he just needed to take some breaks in between to regain his strength for the next zinger.

I am so proud of you Jake! Keep up the healing!!





No comments: