Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Day in the Life

I am a person of routine, kinda. I don't purposely put myself in a routine, somehow I just end up in one. Usually it's due to my school and work schedule, as well as Brenton's work and school schedule. Our schedules change every Aug and Jan. I try not to be so bound by the schedule, I usually catch on that my life is like the movie Groundhogs Day and at that point I quickly make a change. Sadly though, this is usually at the end of the school term, so it's too late.

My life BB (Before Baby) consisted of waking up no later than 6am, Brenton to the Train by 7:05am, Work by 8am, Leave work by 5pm, pick Brenton up at 5:20pm, School by 5:45pm (class started at 5:30) Class done by 6:50pm, pick Brenton up from class at 7:50pm, From 8-10:30pm it was dinner, walk the dog, check my email, facebook, homework that is due the next day and then lights out. Oh and grocery shopping if needed and spend time with my husband.....Then we do it all over again!

It's kind of a vicious cycle, we work hard to earn the money so that we can provide a good life for ourselves, but...when do we have time to experience it?

Finally a break of light through the clouds....We have found a life where we aren't running around, and we can actually...do what now?? Spend time together!! Holy cow is it possible? Oh yes it's possible! And I will tell you my secret, so that you too can live in such happiness.....are you ready? Get your pen and paper.....

The secret is...
Move 2000+ miles away from the life that you are currently living and both you and your spouse be unemployed!

That's it folks, do this and your life can be as carefree and lax-a-dazy as ours!

With this lifestyle you can do things like... go shopping in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday! I know you are shaking your head saying, impossible, but no it's true!

You can sit and stare at the pile of picture frames still waiting to be put up on the walls, and then tell yourself "tomorrow!"

I keep asking The Brenton his opinion on how we can both still live like this and get paid for it...after much brainstorming we have come up with the answer that we must have someone leave money for us in their will.....And since everyone lives to be 115 now a days, I don't think it's going to work out for us!

So off to the job interviews we go! Wish us luck!


Now for those of you saying, "Who cares, show us pictures of the baby....MOM...." here you all go!






2 comments:

Alicia said...

ohhhhh myyyy she is too dang cute!!! i love love love her!

Carmen's Corner said...

Thanks Jazzy, the pictures are great! Her personality is beginning to show in these shots. I love them. I guess if Mama is happy, then baby is happy too. Good luck with the job interviews. I'll say I little prayer so you get some opportunities...