Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It pays to sit and watch T.v.

So we planned a trip to Philly for the cheesesteak...AND the history and culture and what not....but yeah the cheesesteak. The night before I googled all the fun things to see in Philly and of couse the two main things were the Liberty Bell

and the Rocky stairs that he runs up in the movie


So after 5 min of history we were done and ready to go eat some cheesesteaks. My little brother Jake had one in mind. He had a friend's recommendation, which came in the form of an address not a name, so when we looked in the GPS for the address and saw that it didn't exist, we thought...well the BOYS thought "Hey lets drive through Philly and see if we can find it!!!"

Yeah, so did I mention that we were all raised in Utah or Northern CA? And our views on life are golden sun rays of love. So driving through the city didn't really give us a red flag that maybe we shouldn't because there are some awesome scary areas that we don't know about...so off we went to find this cheesteak corner place that we had no idea what it's called.

So 20 min of driving through a neighborhood where we probably should not have been and we found the address and there was a corner deli...that had been closed for some time now...

So we went to two spots that I found...

Last year I started watching Food Paradise from the travel channel. They do a whole show based on one food...like donuts, hamburgers, and what not. Yes I love food can you tell?

So on one episode they did it on steak...I know steak and yes I watched the whole episode. And they showed a story about two competing cheesesteak spots in Philadelphia. They are literally across the street from each other.

There is
and

Brenton and I choose to go to Pat's. Jake went to Geno's

The Brenton showing off his "mushroom provolone without" from Pat's and Jake is showing off his "provolone with" from Geno's.(that is cheesesteak talk). They had a sign of how to order, and if you stalled the guy would yell at you. I got so nervous, but when it was my turn, I ordered like a pro.

Here is Pat's sandwich, a provolone with


yeah, the grease didn't stay on the paper...Mmmmm Philly Cheesesteak! Now after trying bites from both sandwiches we decided that Pat is King!

Oh and the history was cool too....

2 comments:

Mrs. Two Cents said...

that cheesesteak guy kind of sounds like the 'Soup Nazi'!

Alicia said...

hahaa this is why i love you!! you crack me up....but what i really want to see...more pictures of that cute baby!