Sunday, July 19, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Well folks, 40 traveling hrs and we made it to Maryland. After crossing Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana I had a huge craving for corn. Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Maryland...beautiful states lots of foliage.

Brenton and I were blessed to have my brother Jake and my BFF Cassidy fly in from CA to help us drive. The boys drove the truck, and the ladies were in the car.
Here is the marvelous view Cass and I had for 3 days straight, the butt of a Penske!

These are my enemies..brown boxes!!

Now being here almost a week, I have figured out how to drive to the grocery store, the gas station, the Chinese restaurant, and DSW shoe warehouse. You know, all the important places. All other places require my lovely GPS navigator to help us get around.

Humidity....ahh humidity. So far it hasn't been that bad. Nebraska was probably worse than what we have had here, and the hair frizz...well I think I have that under control...Thank you Redkin Smooth Down!

I have been blessed with the world's best traveling baby. She handeled the drive so perfectly. She even let me sleep a good 7 hours two nights in a row after we got here. Cassidy was dubbed Mom #2 by Jake. I miss my mom #2!! Come back


After 4 days of driving and unpacking, we went out for our first D.C. experience. It was lots of fun...hotter than Haities, but fun. I think we were all sweating prufusly while we walked our way around the memorials, yet we still found time to pose for pictures...everyone say FACEBOOK!


Me and the Mr. We have the Washington monument behind us, and then behind that if you look closely there is the Capital. Directly in front of us is the Lincoln memorial and to the left of the Lincoln Memorial is the White house... it's a tourist dream come true!

Mmmm...seafood dinner! Don't let Jake's face fool you he enjoyed his shrimp

Jake as he strolls around the park (Obama's house in the back). See all the people in the park?? There were a million softball games going on. I thought for sure we were going to get tagged in the head.

So far, Maryland is a great home!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

i miss you! come back to california!! maryland is so faaaar! but that baby is stinking cute!!! i love her! good luck in the new casa, can't wait to see what's in store for you terps!

Ben and Meg said...

Yay! You made it! You're so lucky to be close to a DSW warehouse! I'm jealous. Also, the nice thing about the heat and humidity is that everybody is sweating out of their clothes too. So at least you're not the only one dripping! Enjoy all the sightseeing!

Marrissa said...

Sure miss you guys!! Glad you made it safe and I'm slightly jealous of your new home. :)

Jeana said...

That was not a fun view of the Penske butt but I am glad you guys made it safe and sound. I really miss my darling grandbaby. How do you like your apartment? BTW, I miss you guys too. love you.

Dallas (司馬光) said...

Wow... Your bro is tall :)