Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why Brain Cells are important

I would just like to express my appreciation for brain cells. Apparently, I did something wrong to them, and so I think they went on strike or something.

I have notice that without brain cells I cannot think and speak correctly at the same time. I find that I say things like, "I like your salad" instead of "I like your sweater" (true story I did that to my brother...or it was sandwich, see if I had brain cells I could remember that!)

I can't type a correct sentence the first time round...no no I have to read and reread and reread to make sure that I don't sound like an idiot. I mean really, I am typing what I am thinking..that's easy enough. But when I go reread it, it says something completely different from what I remembered typing. (Just to prove, I will not edit this post, so you can see what I am talking about)

I miss being able to recall things past 7 hrs after it happened.

I miss having a the brain cells filter what I say from the "what I wish I could say, but it's too mean so I am just going to think it" and then I really say it...sorry Brenton for taking that Brunt! You are a trooper!


Brain Cells...WHAT DID I DO WRONG?? Please come back, I miss you so. I fear that I will do sometihng horrible if you don't start working again!

5 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

I hate to say it, but it's a pregnancy thing! It even gets worse every time around, and they don't seem to come back. For me at least! Good Luck!!!

Morgan said...

It is called pregnancy brain, Jazz. Also, are you becoming clumsy yet? That is coming too - you can't hold on to things and you'll trip and things. Good times.

Jazz Joyner Livingston said...

Not clumsy just yet thankfully, hopefully that part doesn't come on until after all of the ice has melted!!

Jeana said...

I swear with every pregnancy you lose brain cells, and then you have toddlers, and they turn into teenagers and again, goodbye brain cells, welcome senility. It is a vicious cycle! ;)

Brynn Christensen said...

Get use to it! You think you are BAD now just wait until you have HAD the baby. Fact: you loose 1000 braincells after you deliver a child. That is ONE bone I will pick with the big man We need every bit of those cells.

So good luck!!! Can't wait to hear what you are having!