Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's a learning Experience

First of all....this is Jazz typing....Nut Job has taken this week off and we are SOOOOoooo Glad....

Second I found that I like making lists...I am a list person, shopping list, lists for packing for trips, "things to do" lists...I just like 'em....

So today we shall make a list, a list of things I have learned in the last 30 weeks. Enjoy and contribute if you'd like...husbands are encouraged to participate!

  1. Road Rage is never Ok, so when you feel that hitting someone would be a good alternative to driving behind them....that means you should have someone else drive ( I only drive when Brenton isn't in the car, he knows better than to sit shot gun with a crazy behind the wheel!)

  2. Never go to the grocery store hungry and hormonal...you will only end up with cookies,ice cream and a bag of tortillas.

  3. Elastic can be your friend one min and your enemy the next

  4. If you don't have an obvious protruding stomach in the maternity store, you will get dirty judgmental looks

  5. People look funny when they are 98% sure that you're pregnant, but are still too afraid to ask...you can see the internal battle of "Do I ask? But what if she isn't?"

  6. If you have a full bladder, waddling is a natural occurrence, don't fight it...just go to the bathroom!

  7. Cocoa Butter is a placebo...it's doesn't stop stretch marks, but magically you don't get upset when you do get them ( I don't want to talk about it!)

  8. Will power is a success when you have fought the craving for more than 2 hrs.

  9. Packing a snack for yourself is never the case, you must think of the Father-to-Be who will be with you, and plan on him eating your snacks too!

  10. Sympathy from strangers lasts a whole lot longer than that of your spouse...You have about 6 months of awesome pampering and then 3 months of "whatever! Just stop crying"

3 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

Cocoa butter is just a money making industry full of lies! I lathered myself up with no result! I can definately sympathize with you there! Enjoy the last 10 weeks. You'll, unfortunately, only become more and more uncomfortable, irritable, tired and cranky. Sorry! Can't wait to see pics of your new baby girl!

Jeri Call said...

10 more weeks to go! This is when I start the count down. She will be here before you know it!

Stephanie said...

I loved #2 - but mostly because I "crazy shop" when I'm hormonal or sick or just downright upset. I'll come home with a lot of food, just not enough to make a decent meal with. I'm glad I'm not the only one.