Thursday, February 5, 2009

The RING


No I am not talking about the one dealing with Hobbits...I am talking about the one that I gave to my husband Aug 5, 2006 (okay so he got it a couple days earlier, I am a sucker)

Anyway,
ON CHRISTMAS this year, Brenton was being so kind as to scrape the 4 inches of snow off the car before we left to drive (in a HORRIBLE snow storm) home.

It was about hour and a half into the drive that Brenton looks down and Ahhh...his ring is gone!!

His poor cold finger shrank so that his ring just fell right off without him feeling it!

Well me being a very awesome wife, calls the jeweler that we bought it from originally and orders the SAME EXACT RING....

The jeweler is in CA, and we are going to be out there over Valentine's Day weekend and so I had a plan to give it to him on Valentines Day (it was going to be a surprise however I am a sucker and he asked if I ordered it...I told him no...and then 20 seconds later told him I did! What was I supposed to do, he asked me at CHURCH? I can't lie at church!!)

So we have the ring all ready for him next week, and he gets a phone call from his dad....why you ask??? Because his dad just so happened to stumble across my hubby's ring today!!!

I'll tell you what, my Brenton was so happy, it made his day, his week almost! And so he and his ring will be reunited once again on Sat! And I called the jeweler and YES they did allow me to return the ring... so I don't have to pay for a new ring (which costs more the second time you buy it, we are in a recession!) THANK YOU LINCOLN JEWELERS for being so great and letting me return it!!!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Gotta love the Rhoads! Jon got me a ring for our annniversary out there, and we had our wedding bands engraved for our 10th anni there too.

Emily Frame said...

lucky! russ has lost his wedding ring twice in the ocean.

and that is why his ring to-date is from the silver loft kiosk in the mall.

cause we're classy like that.

i'd like to see you before you give birth, can this be arranged?