Thursday, March 5, 2009

S-U-G-A-R

Some may say that I am a stubborn person....(stop laughing mom!) It's true, if you tell me NOT to do something, of course I am going to do it, (except drugs... and a few others)

I read all the books about being pregnant and they go on and on and on about nutrition and being healthy for your baby's sake....
Things like:
  • Don't eat tuna more than once a week
  • Don't have too much caffeine......I have opt-ed for a caffeine free pregnancy, with the help of Brenton saying "You can't have caffeine....don't hurt my baby!") *and side note, yes I know that you can have caffeine while pregnant, you just have to monitor it, BUT they say the baby has a hard time metabolizing it...so we just say no.
  • Don't Smoke while pregnant
  • Don't Drink
  • Don't eat cold deli meat (I have missed that one)
  • Don't eat raw hot dogs...sad they had to actually tell people that
  • Don't eat soft, non pasturized cheeses
  • No sushi (except if it's tempura-ed)
  • No pills other than Tylenol

All this I have obeyed to make sure that Diva can be as healthy as possible

BUT lately I read that in the 3rd Trimester, "You should really lower your carb/sugar intake." Something about retaining water with all the salty crackers/chips and everything that is good and holy...and the Sugars, I guess too much sugar is bad, and I should eat a veggie or something!




I am sorry Peanut, but I just can't seem to get myself off the box or Bag...they told me NO.... But to use my own power against me, I have challenged myself to a




NO SUGAR THURSDAY.......

Wish me luck...I love candy oh and Brownies!

1 comment:

Mrs. Two Cents said...

Good luck! I don't know if I have the willpower...